Monday, December 19, 2011

1 only once

So I have been thinking about Geffen's first birthday since the dust settled after he baby naming.  Though we are not doing a big all out bash with tons of people, I still want to make sure her one and only first birthday is special.  When it came to her baby naming I had lots of ideas of what to do.  Granted, I wasn't working and had lots of time to roll ideas around in my head, but the vision came easily.  With her first birthday, I am having a tougher time.

I thought I knew where I was going with purples and greys.  Brunch at our house with 30 or so family members. (Yes 30 is small - We had over 100 at her naming.)  I already had some ideas for the menu and everything.

Then we started looking for her first birthday outfit.  Alas I was let down.  Since we have been getting so many hand-me-downs from my niece I actually haven't done a lot of cloths shopping for Geffen.  There are  an overabundance of dresses for little girls.  The problem with a dress is that as a baby who is not walking yet, a dress means continual face-plants as her knees get caught in the dress.  Though funny, I must admit, it is a little cruel.

So back to the drawing board.  I am open to new color ideas!  No themes, I will have years of characters and creatures to plan around, for now I get to choose the look myself.

Please toss out your favorite color combinations, handmade decoration ideas, and photos of party's you think would be fitting for an awesome girls first birthday party!

To give you an idea of what her naming was like, I have added some photos.  Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment